Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Pita Bacon and Tomato Pizza Recipe stats
Cook Time:15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oil for brushing on pitas
- 2 cups sliced onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 Greek-style pita breads (at least 6 inches in diameter)
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, washed, sliced 1/4 inch thick, halved if desired
- 1 1/2 cup sliced fresh spinach, optional
- 8 slices cooked bacon, each slice cut in half, divided
- 1 cup favorite shredded strong-flavored cheese such as Asiago
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Saute the onions until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with the brown sugar and continue cooking until the onions turn a golden brown.
Remove from the heat and set aside. Place the pita breads on a baking sheet and brush each with a thin coating of olive oil. Sprinkle each with the garlic powder and then about 2 tablespoons of the mozzarella cheese. Top with a portion of the onions and then arrange the tomato slices on the pita. If desired, garnish with some of the spinach in the center. Arrange four bacon slices on top.
Bake about 8 to 10 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from the oven and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
Remove from the oven and serve.
Pizza Tags:brown sugar olive oil spinach garlic pepper tomato onion bacon pita
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)