Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Pita Broccoli and Chick-Pea Pizzas Recipe stats
Cook Time:15 Minutes
- 2 cloves garlic -- sliced thin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (19-ounce) can chick-peas -- rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe, chopped, coarse stems discarded
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3 (6-inch) pita breads split in half to form circles
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large heavy skillet cook garlic in oil over moderate heat, stirring, until pale golden. Transfer garlic and 1 tablespoon oil to a food processor. Add chick-peas, 1/4 cup water, and salt and pepper to taste and blend mixture until smooth.
Heat oil remaining in skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook broccoli rabe, turning it with tongs, until wilted. Add remaining 1/4 cup water and pepper flakes and simmer, covered partially, until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender and almost all liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Spread inside sides of pita with chick-pea purée and top with broccoli rabe and Parmesan.
Arrange pita pizzas on a large baking sheet and bake in middle of oven 10 minutes, or until edges are golden.
Pizza Tags:chick-peas red pepper olive oil broccoli parmesan garlic pepper pita
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)