Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
California Pizza Kitchen Marinara Sauce stats
Cook Time:20 Minutes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 16 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 14 cup Chianti or other dry red wine
- 2/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
Combine the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a nonstick saucepan and cook over medium heat until the onion begins to turn translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, wine, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick but still fairly fluid, about 20 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes more.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
Yield: 3 cups
Pizza Tags:black pepper olive oil oregano garlic pepper tomato basil onion
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)