Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Seared Balsamic Mushroom Pizza Recipe stats
Servings:1 large pizza
Cook Time:25 Minutes
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked blacked pepper
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with vegetable cooking spray. Roll or stretch dough into pan forming a 1/4-inch rim around edge. Using a fork, pierce surface of dough.
Bake until crust is golden, 10 to 12 minutes; set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until it just begins to smoke.
Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and black pepper; cook and stir until liquid has nearly evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes; set aside.
Spread pesto over reserved pizza crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with reserved mushrooms mixture and roasted peppers; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Cut in wedges; serve immediately.
Pizza Tags:balsamic vinegar pesto onion pepper garlic fontina mushrooms olive oil red pepper black pepper thyme
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)