Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
California Grilled Eggplant Cheeseless Pizza Recipe stats
Servings:1 large pizza
Cook Time:15 Minutes
- Pizza dough as needed
- 3 Tbsp, Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 4 Japanese eggplants, sliced lengthwise 1/8-in. thick
- 2/3 cup Red onion, sliced in 1/8-in. rings
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups Fresh spinach, cut in 1/4-in. strips
- 6 Oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained, patted dry, julienned
- Extra-virgin olive oil optional
- Balsamic vinegar optional
Combine 1 Tbsp. olive oil, soy sauce, cumin and cayenne. Lightly coat both sides of eggplant slices with mixture. Discard outside skin-covered slices.
Grill eggplant 2 to 3 minutes per side; set aside.
Shape pizza dough into 2 9-in. rounds. Brush each with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Layer with onions then grilled eggplant.
Bake at 500F until crusts are golden, about 8 minutes.
Slice pizzas, then top with cilantro and spinach. Garnish with sun-dried tomato. Serve with oil and vinegar on side, if desired.
Pizza Tags:balsamic vinegar onion tomato pepper spinach cayenne cilantro eggplants soy sauce olive oil cumin
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)