Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Caramelized Red Onion Pizza Recipe stats
Servings:1 large pizza
Cook Time:45 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or light brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tsps.dried basil .
- 2 cups. marinara sauce
- pizza dough, rolled into 18- to 19-in. round as needed
- 4 cups. Swiss chard or spinach, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 1/2 cup low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In large nonstick saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onions, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, until caramelized to golden brown. Stir in maple syrup, vinegar and dried basil; set aside.
Spread marinara sauce over pizza dough, leaving 1/2-in. border. Arrange
Swiss chard on top; top with onions. Sprinkle with fresh basil, feta cheese, oregano and pepper.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 375F until crust is crisp.
Pizza Tags:balsamic vinegar onion basil pepper spinach oregano caramel marinara olive oil maple syrup brown sugar black pepper feta
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)