Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
French Quarter Sausage, Red Beans and Rice Pizza stats
Cook Time:30 Minutes
1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups chopped andouille or smoked sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, or as desired
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 8 ounces (2 cups) sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped and seeded plum tomatoes
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a medium, nonstick skillet placed over medium heat, sauté sausage for 3 to 4 minutes. Add beans, ground red pepper, salt and black pepper, stirring until heated through.
Spread bean mixture over pizza crust; sprinkle with rice, cheese and tomatoes. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Pizza Tags:black pepper beans onion tomato pepper garlic sausage cheddar red pepper rice
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)