Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
The marguerita pizza is one of the classics of all time.
In 1889, during a visit in Naples, Queen Margherita of Savoy was served a pizza resembling the colors of the Italian flag, red (tomato), white (mozzarella) and green (basil). This kind of pizza has been named after the Queen as Pizza Margherita.
Margherita Pizza stats
Cook Time:10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped in 1/2" pieces
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 12" uncooked NY Style dough crust
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 fresh basil leaves cut into julienne strips
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
Combine 2 Tbls. olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, and salt in bowl.
Allow to marinate while making dough.
Brush dough crust lightly with olive oil. Top with cheese, then tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated 500F oven on pizza stone for 8−10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and top with parmesan cheese, then basil. Cool on a wire rack for 2−3 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Pizza Tags:olive oil parmesan garlic tomato basil
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)