Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Phyllo crust Pizza Recipe stats
Cook Time:15 Minutes
- 3 cups fresh parsley leaves -- packed, rinsed and spun dry
- 2 cloves garlic cloves -- chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
- 1/3 cup pine nuts -- toasted until golden and cooled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and kept warm
- 10 sheets phyllo stacked between sheets of wax paper and covered with a kitchen towel
- 9 tablespoons parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Make pesto: In a food processor blend well all pesto ingredients. Pesto may be made 3 days ahead and chilled, surface covered with plastic wrap.
Lightly brush a large baking sheet with some butter and put 1 sheet phyllo on butter. Lightly brush phyllo with some remaining butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
Put another sheet phyllo over cheese, pressing firmly so that it adheres to bottom layer. Butter, sprinkle with cheese, and layer remaining phyllo in same manner, ending with a sheet of phyllo.
Lightly brush top sheet with remaining butter. Fold in all sides 1/4 inch, pressing to top sheet, and fold up a 1/4-inch border, crimping corners.
Spread pesto and phyllo crust and sprinkle with feta.
Bake pizza in middle of oven until crust is golden, about 15 minutes.
Pizza Tags:olive oil pine nuts parmesan parsley garlic butter pesto corn feta
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)