Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Southwest Beef And Chile Pizza Recipe stats
Servings:1 large pizza
Cook Time:25 Minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 prepared pizza shell (12 inch size)
- 1 1/4 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese blend or monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained well
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 450F.
In a large nonstick skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, crumbling it as it cooks. Season with the salt; drain.
Place the pizza shell on an ungreased pizza pan. Spread the salsa over the shell then sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with the beef, then the chilies, tomatoes, onion, and the remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until the topping is hot and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the cilantro. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
Pizza Tags:monterey jack cilantro chilies tomato onion salsa beef
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)