Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Southwest Beef and Chili Pizza stats
Cook Time:20 Minutes
1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-inch) thick pre-baked Italian bread shell
- 1 1/4 cups mild thick and chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained well
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thin red onion slivers
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season with salt.
Place bread shell on ungreased baking sheet. Spread salsa over shell. Sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with beef chiles, tomatoes, red onion and remaining cheese.
Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into 8 wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Pizza Tags:monterey jack cilantro tomato onion salsa beef
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)