Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Southwest Beef & Chile Pizza Recipe stats
Servings:1 large pizza
Cook Time:30 Minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 thick prebaked Italian bread shell (12-inch diameter; 16 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cup prepared mild thick and chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, drained well
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thin red onion slivers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Season with salt; remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
Place bread shell on ungreased pizza pan or large baking sheet. Spread salsa over shell; sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese. Top evenly with beef, chilies, tomatoes, red onion and remaining cheese.
Bake in 450 degrees Fahrenheit over for 11 to 13 minutes or until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro; cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.
serving size: 2 wedges
Pizza Tags:monterey jack cilantro chilies tomato onion salsa beef
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)