Pizza Recipe 101 - Homemade pizza recipes
Wine Mushroom Pizza stats
Cook Time:20 Minutes
About 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine 3/4 cup flour and yeast in a medium bowl. Combine water, cooking oil and salt in another bowl. Heat to lukewarm in microwave. Add to flour mixture and beat well. Add 3/4 cup more flour to make a stiff dough. Knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise until more than double.
Punch dough down. Let rest 10 minutes.
Roll dough to a 12-inch circle. Place in a 12-inch pizza pan. Form edge. Prick crust. Bake at 450 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine red wine, tomato sauce, onion, basil, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. Boil until reduced to 1 cup. Spread over crust. Arrange mushrooms on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 10 minutes more.
Makes one 12-inch pizza.
Pizza Tags:worcestershire sauce mushrooms parmesan oregano tomato basil onion flour yeast
Other pizza recipes in this category
Pizza Recipes Mobile - Home Page
Main Site (Non Mobile)